Brendan's 2nd Birthday!

This weekend concluded the birthday season. After Emily's "Fashion Fairytale" fifth birthday party in February, this weekend was Brendan's balloon party second birthday.

Even though he is two and I could have had any party theme I wanted, I wanted to make it something he liked. Right now, he loves Thomas the Train and Sponge Bob, but I didn't really want to make it commercialized party. Like most kids, Brendan LOVES balloons, so I decided to make it a balloon party.

The decor was simple. Lots of balloons. All over the floor, tied to the bannisters, and on the desert table. We invited family and some of our closest friends, but unfortunately, due to a poor weather forcast (that didn't even end up materializing), my brother, sister-in-law, and their four kids didn't make it. So we had my mom, friend and babysitter Delisa, friends Stacy and Shawn and their daughters, Melissa and her daughters, and Mary Lou and Emma.

I made cupcakes, chocolate and vanilla, with almond and vanilla frosting. I also made balloon and "2" shaped cookies, the 2's serving as cupcake toppers.




Brendan opened all of his presents and seemed very grateful for everything!


All in all, I think a good time was had by everyone. And now that birthday's are done for another nine months, I'll have to find another reason to have a party. Anyone want to hire me to decorate their next party? :)


Comments

  1. you host cute parties!!! found you through TomKat's page :) ~Nancy~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts