KC Slimdown Challenge - It's On!

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life! It sounds cliche and it is, but I'm determined to make it so! Tomorrow is the beginning of the KC Slimdown Challenge. It's a 10 week weight loss challenge where teams of 4-6 compete against each other to see which team can lose the largest percentage of weight. The winning team gets to go to Scottsdale Spa and Resort, and the second place gets a pretty sweet Sporting KC package. Do I think my team will win? Well, anything can happen, but I'm not counting on it. But that's not the point.

The point is that a year ago I joined another weight loss challenge. In those 9 weeks, I lost 18.8 pounds. When it was over, I knew it was only a matter of months before I got to my goal weight. A year later, I'm still as far away from my goal weight as I was then. So why is this different? Because I'm determined to make it different.

I've got a great group of ladies I know will inspire me. I've got two little ones who make me want to be better. By this time next year, I want to buy cute dresses and not feel so self conscious. I want to wear a swimsuit in public that doesn't have a little skirt attached. And it's not just that I WANT to, I WILL!

So here is to tomorrow -- the beginning of the rest of my life!

And here is a sample of my new diet!



Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts