Friday Night

It feels like it has been a crazy week that all began Friday. The weekend was full of friends and fun, camping with several families from church. Even with Saturday night's microburst a/k/a scariest night of my life, the weekend was great! It was Emily's first camping trip and my first in several, several years, and neither of us can wait to go again. Kevin and Brendan visited us Friday and Saturday evening, but didn't stay due to Kevin's disinterest and Brendan's age. We had a great time hanging out, Emily riding around and playing with all the other kids, and enjoying the beautiful weekend. Saturday night it got a little scary, though. About as soon as we hit the tent, the storm kicked up. Lightning and thunder were constant, the wind was terrible, the rain was heavy, and I spent the first 30 minutes or so praying for our safety. Eventually our time in the tent ended, when the rain started leaking through, then the tent collapsed. I grabbed Emily's Bear, Bear Blankie, Cold Blankie, threw them in my pillow case, we all got our shoes on, I grabbed the pillow, grabbed Em, and ran for the car. We barely got comfortable when we got a call from the families in the pop-up camper and ran in there. Things were great, until the final and fiercest part of the storm came (pretty sure that's when the microburst hit). All of the adults stood there holding onto the straps and metal parts of the ceiling trying to keep it from blowing off. Literally.

But after about an hour and a half, it finally ended and everyone was ok. I got three hours of sleep that night, but Sunday was another beautiful day, and I thank God even tonight that we all made it ok.

Sunday was filled with laundry, laundry, laundry, and I didn't get to bed until midnight. Monday I was just exhausted, and I've kind of felt that way ever since. Tuesday was Em's soccer, Wednesday was Em's dance, and I spent all of Thursday evening making Cake Pops for a friend at work.

So tonight was dinner, clean up, bedtime for the kids, and a little bit of cleaning prior to tomorrow's house cleaning. The plan is to clean up the car, inside and out, do a more thorough job of cleaning the house, figure out what clothes the kids have for the upcoming season, try to clean out some old, unneeded clothes and toys, and all of that before Sunday evening's Ladies Night spa party a friends.

But before the big cleanup this weekend, I'm going to turn off of the computer and enjoy this...

Comments

  1. I'm totally going to enjoy some liquid relaxation this week too. :) Hope you had a great weekend!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts