Here's to Being Happy!

Bad things sucks. Tonight I worked a couple of hours of overtime and was driving home around 8:00, and started thinking about how crappy things seem to be overtaking my emotions recently. Concern over every day things, and recently about things like the disappearance of Baby Lisa, not all that far from our house, and the untimely and very sad death of IndyCar Series driver Dan Wheldon. On my drive home, I decided I want to be happy...to be grateful for all the great things I had. And when I came home and I opened my mailbox, I found the perfect remedy to my negatives thoughts and feelings.

A postcard to Emily from her kindergarten teacher.


I actually thought it was very sweet of her, and it definitely made me smile. It made Emily happy, too!

So I've decided to post some pictures of things that have made me very happy the last couple of weeks. Like our trip a couple of weeks ago to Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch.




And a few days later, the kids were enjoying the apples dipped in the BEST caramel dip ever...and maybe Brendan was enjoying it too much.

And while he was doing that, Emily was making her own lunch for school the next day.

We've been working really hard on getting Brendan to fall asleep by himself. It's definitely something I wish I would have started earlier, but we have made real progress in the last couple weeks. For the most he will now stay in bed, but there are some nights when he will sneak out. When he looks like this, it's hard to put him back in bed.

But you know it's time to say goodnight when he starts doing this.

I will conclude with a picture of my two superheros...the two most important reasons for me to smile!

Comments

Popular Posts