Just a Personal Note...

Initially, this post was part of my weekend in review, but I wanted to separate it from the original post for two reasons:
  1. It made the other unbearably long; and
  2. I didn't want any of it (this post or the weekend in review) to get lost. 
Last week I did a pretty big thing -- I posted a link to my blog on my Facebook page! That might seem like a small thing, but really, for me it was a big thing.  


I've posted links to my writing before, but that was usually when I was writing about NASCAR for Frontstretch.com, or the other auto racing related things I've done.  But that was different.  I've always felt very confident in my ability to write about racing, or to interview drivers and then tell their stories, but a blog is a different thing altogether. 

Blogs, if they are done well, are extremely personal by nature and can leave the blogger very venerable. In other words, it's a very scary thing to put yourself and your life out there in a way that leaves you open for criticism, embarrassment and ridicule. But I believe that you have to take risks and get out of your comfort zone if you really want to achieve anything. 

So that is my goal with this blog. To not be afraid to be myself, say what I feel, laugh if I want to, cry if I want to...and if it's boring to some, or even to all, that's okay. I'm now writing this blog for me. In the past, I think I've always written for the people I hoped would be reading it. Truth is, I now want to write this blog for me, and if someone else finds it interesting and enjoyable to read, I will be ecstatic to share my life's journey with them.  

For me, this is now a way to remember my life, both the big and small moments, because they can be so easily forgotten in all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I also want to share my thoughts on other things that interest me.  So my new plan for this blog is just to be me. Unapologetic. Uncensored. Always honest.

Comments

Popular Posts