Fall is in the air!

Let me just start by saying that I absolutely LOVE this weather!! But I’m sure it will be short lived, and before we even have time to enjoy Fall, Winter will be banging on the door. I just pray it’s not another winter like last year! UGH! But I love the fact that I have had my AC turned off since Saturday and that I’ve been able to open up the windows! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

It was a great weekend, even with the rain on Saturday. Since I had planned on house cleaning anyway, I didn’t mind the rain – except for the fact that I had to shut things up on the north side of the house because the rain was soaking the floors. The morning started out relaxing. I finally woke up for good around 9:30, got dressed, made coffee and sat on the back deck reading the internet for a bit.

Then we finished getting ready and Emily and I headed outside to start cleaning the car. I started with the inside, and BOY did it need it! Crumbs and toys and trash littered the backseat and floor, dust had settled very nicely all over the dash, soda stains on the console…it was beautiful! It took about 2-3 hours to clean, wipe down and vacuum the whole thing, but it looks awesome now. I am very excited to have a clean car, and I’m hoping it will stay that way for a long time!

I spent the rest of the day cleaning out Brendan’s closet…bagging up what doesn’t fit and seeing what he has, so we don’t get surprised one day when we go to dress him and realize he has nothing to wear! I need to now do the same thing with Emily’s closet. I also cleaned out some of the toys that were stuff in the living room. I put several items in the closet and figure we can trade them out in a month or so, and they will be like brand new toys to him!

Along with the cleaning I did SIX loads of laundry, most on Saturday and a couple on Sunday. That’s always fun! After spending most of the weekend hanging out at home, Sunday night I enjoyed some time with a couple of girlfriends, drinking wine, eating chips and salsa, and getting a hand and foot massage!! Then on Monday night about eight of us got together for “Ladies Night” at 54th Street. We had some appetizers, I had a couple martini’s, and we had a lot of fun! The martini’s were good, but I will say they still don’t compare to what I’ve had a Houlihans!! Three words you need to know if you go: Key. Lime. Martini. Do it!!

And my busy week continues… Tonight is Emily’s final soccer game, tomorrow is dance, and Thursday I have to pack for a trip home AND make a dozen cake pops for a friend at work. Friday is a half day at work and then we are heading up north for my niece’s first birthday party! I’m helping create the decorations and making cupcakes, so it’s been fun! It was sort of last minute, to it’s been hectic too. Hopefully we will be able to make it a special party for a very special little girl. I will be sure to post pictures next week!

So that is my life…as exciting as it is!

Comments

Popular Posts