Hooray for Friday!

I am very happy it's Friday. It's not like it's been a particularly busy week, but I'm tired and ready for it to be over. I only worked two hours on Tuesday and not at all on Thursday, due to a sick little boy. A low grade fever and a VERY runny yet congested nose kept him out of daycare, so I used yet more PTO time to care for him. Not that he isn't worth it, but I'm running VERY low. The way this winter has been going -- both weather-wise and family health-wise -- I'm in trouble! For that reason, April can't get here soon enough!

It's supposed to be cold this weekend, but that's ok. It's not like I had big plans anyway. Tonight Emily has dance from 5:30-6:30. After dance we may run to Michael's so that I can pick up some paper that I plan on using for a lot of projects for my boss's baby shower. I had dreamed of doing SO much more, but I've had to back off some of my plans, thanks to car repair bills. I still have some ideas that I think may turn out very cute, so I'm very excited to get started. The shower is Wednesday, February 24th, so I really need to get cracking on some of my paper crafts.

She is doing all her bedding with Amy Butler fabric, so I want to use the Amy Butler paper at Michael's to cover the cupcake stand, make the banner, and make the cupcake toppers. I'm also thinking of making a frame, inspired by the ones I've seen on the TomKat Studios website, with the paper to match some of the fabric she used. The fun part might be trying to find a plain, wood craft frame to cover.

Once I get the baby shower stuff done, it will then be time to work on my little boy's first birthday party, which is scheduled for March 20th. I have a lot more work to do on that one, and I still haven't 100% decided what the theme will be. I'm thinking cars, as he likes things with wheels. I just want it to be something special, so I am scouring websites and blogs daily for ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts