"One Car Family" is NOT for the Weak...

There is a commercial on television these days, State Farm I think, where the opening couple says, "We've decided to be a one car family." For the last week, everytime I see that commercial I want to throw something at the TV. For the last nearly two weeks we have been FORCED to be a one car family after the wiring into and the fuse panel broke. Two tow bills, five days at our mechanic, seven days at the dealership service department, and several hundred dollars later, we finally have our car back! This means no more bumming rides to work from friends, no more packing the kids up at 7:30 to pick Kevin up by 8:00...it's a wonderful thing!

It's so wierd how anything that deviates from the routine makes life feel so abnormal. I am such a creature of habit and really dislike change, so it's been a difficult 12 days for me. The even wierder thing is that there is a part of me -- a very small part -- that feels like I might actually miss it. I kind of enjoyed the extra "family time," even though it was just driving in the car to and from downtown. The weather, with the exception of the fog in the early days, has been pretty good, the traffic has been good, and it's just kind of been nice. But overall, I am happy to have it over and done with so "normal" life can resume.

Now that the car drama is over, I'm hoping to be able to focus more time on the list of Want-to-do's, like finishing the purse, planning my boss's baby shower, and planning my baby's first birthday party! So this post OFFICIALLY ends the car drama portion of my blog, so now on to the FUN THINGS!! I promise :)

Comments

Popular Posts